Spend Valentine’s Day with Just Jinjer & the Swingsetters!
The Swingsetters is an eight piece band from Cape Town’s deep-south who is on a mission to heat up dance-floors across South Africa while leaving a trail of fun and entertainment behind them. They provide a collection of original and covered music alternating between the styles of swing, blues and rock & roll. The light-hearted lyrics and upbeat instrumentation has seen the band well-received at a variety of events.
Just Jinjer is one of the biggest rock band exports in South African history, having sold more that a quarter of a million albums to date. Their power and alluring appeal is fuelled by a well-honed and heartfelt musicality, a commitment to communication on a genuine emotional and cerebral level — music that touches the heart, body, mind and soul — and a dedication to their musical mission that is virtually unstoppable.
Calling all the Singles!
If you’re single, the Quarry specially invites you to share Valentine’s Day with them. An unique crafted area for all the singles out there, they will host you at the José Cuervo bar. Exclusive to single people only, you can party, meet new people, enjoy the music and lose yourself in the splendid vibe with Hillcrest Quarry. Get your exclusive armband at the entrance to enjoy this facility!
Something for the Couples
Against the backdrop of the beautiful Quarry, you and your partner can come enjoy a sunset concert with great live bands and acts. Enjoy the summer vibe, the swing tone and the dreamy sunset with us at Hillcrest Quarry.
DJ JP Silver & Kimmy C
To entertain from 16 h00 to 18h00 DJ JP Silver (Cape Town’s top Electro swing DJ), will get everyone into the swing of things, to set the mood and warm us up for the rest of the concert. DJ JP Silver is best known in action at the Bootleggers Electro Swing parties, all Swing Café events and hosts the weekly Swing Café Radio Show on Mutha FM. He will be joined on stage by the Cape Town Swing Dance Syndicate group to add some flavour & dance.
The concert will be closed by hot new female DJ Kimmy C, who will make sure you will keep on rocking till late!
A few things to note before you attend the event:
- No beverages will be allowed into the area, thus no alchol or non-alcholic drinks. The quarry provide a fully stocked bar with enough of both to enjoy to your delight!
- Please print out your Computicket ticket before you come to the venue
- Tickets are limited, so buy ahead of time. Tickets will be available at the gate, but only till we’ve reached capacity.
- Gates open at 15h30, if you arrive early, you will have to wait to enter arena
- Camping chairs & picnic baskets will be accepted (only snacks, as we have a wide selection of food trucks available)
- Children under 12 go in for FREE!